Coffee Logs are high-performance eco briquettes from bio-bean. They’re made from your recycled coffee grounds, and are ideal for use in stoves, open fires, woodburners and chimineas.
The UK produces 500,000 tonnes of waste coffee grounds each year. Bio-bean collects this coffee waste from cafes, coffee chains and office blocks all over the UK, and uses it to manufacture Coffee Logs at the world’s first coffee recycling factory in Cambridgeshire. This diverts waste away from landfill, and reduces emissions that contribute to climate change.
Coffee Logs don’t smell like coffee once they’re lit (we know you were wondering) but you do experience a wonderful coffee aroma when you open the bag! Coffee contains a lot of energy, – 20% more than wood – so these logs burn hotter and for longer than wood.
How to use coffee logs?
- Prepare fire as you usually would, using firelighters and kindling
- Add two or three Coffee Logs on top
- Light the firelighter(s) using matches or a lighter
- Do not disturb the Coffee Logs for 15 minutes whilst they ignite
- When the fire is established add more Coffee Logs as required